Sunday, 8 May 2011
Many thanks to Susan Jones, aka suzy doodling for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award – am quite overcome.
But there is a downside. I’m told I now have to own up to 7 things you may not have known about me, so here they are.
• At one time I was the merchandise exec for the Robin of Sherwood fan club (the TV series starring Michael Praed et al) and got to meet many of the actors.
• I worked as a family history researcher for a number of years and undertook research for people connected to royalty as well as a major Wild West legend.
• I love thunderstorms and listening to the rain. I pretty much love the sound of any running water: fountains, waterfalls, flushing toilets (only two of those three examples are true).
• My ambition is to visit Egypt. I’ve always had a fascination with the place and have a tendency to surround myself with lots of Egyptiany type things.
• Reading: my favourite genre is crime – of the ‘cosy’ variety, probably because I enjoy solving puzzles. I’ve created one or two puzzles and quizzes too for blogs, a local publication and a children’s website. I’ve also come up with my own amateur sleuth who is going to be big. All I have to do is write the book.
• I used to design, make and sell Christening wear. I’ve also made several wedding dresses and numerous bridesmaids’ dresses.
• I love chocolate, dates, condensed milk and bananas. Separately or together.
And now, in the tradition of these awards, I offer you the chance of visiting some great blogs - all worthy of a closer look. They’re packed with humour, fiction and interesting information and I hope their creators accept The Versatile Blogger Award baton without dropping it. I was always utter rubbish at relay racing.